For the manner in which men live is so different from the way in which they ought to live, that he who leaves the common course for that which he ought to follow will find that it leads him to ruin rather than safety.
-Machiavelli

Please visit my new blog: http://baldwinmaker.blogspot.com

Friday, December 9, 2016

Knife Sizes

I got to see Ralph's initial impressions of the paring knife I made for him (here) this morning. It appears that he likes it (phew!). I get nervous making stuff for people. I mean, heck, I know I do good work, but it's what the customer thinks that really matters!!

Anywho, one comment he had was that it was hard to tell the size of the knife from the pictures. So, to rectify that situation, here are pictures of my current line up to give an idea of scale:

Paring knife top, fruit knife bottom. This paring knife is the same size as the others, the blade is just shaped a little different as this one is a custom order.


Small Outdoor and Large outdoor.

Utility knife.

Hunter. The new ones have about half an inch more in the blade. I don't have one on hand at the moment, so this picture will have to suffice.

Chef's knife. I'm playing with the shape of these a bit, but this is representative of the size of all of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment