For the manner in which men live is so different from the way in which they ought to live, that he who leaves the common course for that which he ought to follow will find that it leads him to ruin rather than safety.
-Machiavelli

Please visit my new blog: http://baldwinmaker.blogspot.com

Monday, December 19, 2016

First Micarta Handles

I've been waiting for this moment! They won't be finished until tomorrow, but I handled a Small and Large Outdoor knife with my own micarta tonight! I'm pretty stoked to see how this turns out.

One large, one small. Rough cut handles from a charcoal Dickie's work shirt! These scales are 3/16" thick. All drilled and ready to go.


After a dinner break, I epoxied and clamped them. They'll sit like this until tomorrow.

I also sawed the edges of the other two micarta blanks I made. One is 1/8" charcoal, the other is 3/16" blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment