For the manner in which men live is so different from the way in which they ought to live, that he who leaves the common course for that which he ought to follow will find that it leads him to ruin rather than safety.
-Machiavelli

Please visit my new blog: http://baldwinmaker.blogspot.com

Sunday, December 25, 2016

Another Morning Update

I had unexpected dinner company last night, so instead of writing the post, I enjoyed some food and drink until the late hours. What did the day have in store? And what have I already done this morning?

Work continued on my little fixture. My standard vise setup ended up being too tall for the drilling operation, so I reset with my tool maker's vise. I need the holes to be drilled straight relative to the angled face.


Preliminary assembly of the fixture. I need to add the clamping holes, but also needed to take some measurements at this point. My customer has asked that the end purpose be kept on the DL, so I will respect their wishes. For now, y'all just get to see pretty, shiny things.

Afternoon espresso break.

Getting dinner prepped! I make pizza almost every Saturday. It's my thing. I loaded this up with pepperoni, sausage, green olives, red onions, and mushrooms. Being allergic to tomatoes...I'm using pesto for sauce. Just needs the cheese at this point.

My friend who joined me for dinner also brought by a motherload of burlap!!!! They brought another gift as well, I just don't have a picture of it: a new LeCreuset covered baking dish. My favorite bakeware, in my color!!! I was pretty taken aback. Needless to say, my Christmas Eve was better than I could have imagined.

On to this morning, I got the sauerkraut cake baked. Time to add frosting! My gramma's request.

Knives for gifts. I did some sharpening and got them wrapped up.

...and since I had time, I laid up some burlap for micarta. This will be cured by evening time!

No comments:

Post a Comment