For the manner in which men live is so different from the way in which they ought to live, that he who leaves the common course for that which he ought to follow will find that it leads him to ruin rather than safety.
-Machiavelli

Please visit my new blog: http://baldwinmaker.blogspot.com

Saturday, January 7, 2017

Steampunk...ish

I finished my latest pair of Outdoor knives. One large, one small. A little head nod, a homage, if you will, to all things steampunk.

If you mention steampunk, three things come to my mind: copper, steel, and mahogany. All three are here! Mahogany scales, copper liners, copper nuts, A2 blade. I had to make the copper Loveless nuts because you can't purchase them anywhere. A little extra work, but well worth it.


Bottom view of the handles. I think it is a nice, subtle contrast.
I could have gotten more done today. Truth be told, I hate using my injuries as an excuse...but I had a hard time walking. My right ankle, the one shattered in my wreck a couple of years ago, was killing me. It was hard to walk or stand. Stairs? Ouch!!! Could be the cold, could be hitting the gym too hard. Could just be a fact of life. Whatever it is...I hope it isn't all that often!

1 comment: