For the manner in which men live is so different from the way in which they ought to live, that he who leaves the common course for that which he ought to follow will find that it leads him to ruin rather than safety.
-Machiavelli

Please visit my new blog: http://baldwinmaker.blogspot.com

Wednesday, January 4, 2017

More of a Prep Night

No finished product tonight. Just doing prep work for the existing projects on my plate. Nights like this are good, I feel relaxed when I'm just plodding along sometimes. I made more of the copper Loveless fasteners, but I don't think we need pictures of those, since we all saw them yesterday. On to the new stuff!

I'm a morning person. I'm up and at 'em about 2 hours before I need to leave for work. Time for coffee and all that. I think I need to make productive use of that time. I started a piece of black canvas micarta this morning.


That way, after work I could have a finished piece of micarta waiting for me! How's that for a constructive use of time?!?!? This just needs to be trimmed and it's ready to use.
I also blanked out some ebony for a hunter. There will be enough to do a Small Outdoor knife as well.

The other thing on the list was to get some handle blanks laminated. I have a pair of knives that require a copper liner under a mahogany scale. One set is in the press, and one on deck. I would like to do more black canvas micarta as well. I think I will let this sit over night...run the micarta in the morning and let it sit while I'm at work...and then do the second copper/wood glue up. Once I build my new press, I won't have issues like this! For now, I can deal with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment