For the manner in which men live is so different from the way in which they ought to live, that he who leaves the common course for that which he ought to follow will find that it leads him to ruin rather than safety.
-Machiavelli

Please visit my new blog: http://baldwinmaker.blogspot.com

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Grinding Fixtures Started

My main task this evening was to get rolling on a pair of fixtures to do flat grinds on my Outdoor knives.

First things first, unwrapped the dimple die and cleaned it up. It will get a test drive tomorrow.


Like in woodworking, the boring part is cutting dimensions. Here I'm just making all the faces flat on this piece so that I can do the critical dimensions. The actual size of the block is unimportant. It just needs to be straight and square.

Making a pleasant little mess.Cutting a lip onto one face.

Each fixture is dimensioned, and has a step in the bottom. Tomorrow I will add screw holes to fix the blades and then cut the angles on the lower faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment