For the manner in which men live is so different from the way in which they ought to live, that he who leaves the common course for that which he ought to follow will find that it leads him to ruin rather than safety.
-Machiavelli

Please visit my new blog: http://baldwinmaker.blogspot.com

Sunday, January 22, 2017

I Did a Bad Job With Pictures

I don't know why, but I thought I took more pictures than I actually did today. Ah, well...I can still get the point across.

I got the burlap/blue linen Paring knife done today.


Some handle detail.

Where I failed to take pictures was in the progress of my flat ground Outdoor knives. I got the blades all finished up and handles cut. I had a piece of ebony that finished out too thin for the Hunting knife I wanted to put it on. There was enough there to handle two Outdoor knives; one large and one small.

We'll let these sit until tomorrow. This is definitely a matched set...matched handles for both knives cut from the same piece!

Just for fun, I started some new copper Loveless fasteners. Even though they're a pain in the butt to make. This small lathe is more suited to this kind of work as opposed to using one of the larger ones at work during my break. I don't like taking projects to work, so I'm happier doing it this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment