For the manner in which men live is so different from the way in which they ought to live, that he who leaves the common course for that which he ought to follow will find that it leads him to ruin rather than safety.
-Machiavelli

Please visit my new blog: http://baldwinmaker.blogspot.com

Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Not Everything Goes As We Plan

The point is to figure out how to fix it.

Last night's mission was to get these two handles ready.


While waiting on those handles...I took a picture of all of my Outdoor knives.

Then today, I realized I had a cracked handle. Ugh. It's already oiled...which means I can't simply epoxy it and go. No. I need to...

...cut it off and rehandle it.

I thought it would be fun to try my dress shirt micarta on this knife as long as I was redoing it.

Clamped up...we'll see how it goes.
I picked up a fabric cutter and some craft paper on the way home from work today. I'm going to work on some micarta. The cutter makes the process WAY easier. I sliced up all of these pieces, plus a piece of black paper that's not in the picture. I have a piece of black/white micarta in the press right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment