|Here's the brass sides. I did a little additional filing to help sharpen the corners a bit before marking them onto the steel sole. We'll get back to these guys for some more filing and drilling, hopefully later this week.|
|This is after most of the filing is complete. There is still final fitting to be done. But the bulk of the work for this side of the sole is complete.|
|Another shot of using the file. In this case, I'm using the non-safe edge to square up the side of the pin. On the left you can see where I started a saw cut, that's actually where the toe of the plane will be when I'm done.|
|Saving the ugly pic for last. This is part way into the opposite side of the sole, after chiseling. It's a pretty rough surface in there. However, a bit of patience and a decent file can make the work pretty quick.|
So, we're making some progress and moving along.