For the manner in which men live is so different from the way in which they ought to live, that he who leaves the common course for that which he ought to follow will find that it leads him to ruin rather than safety.
-Machiavelli

Please visit my new blog: http://baldwinmaker.blogspot.com

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year!

Here's to the end of 2011. Glad to see it go. Blew up my chopper. Spent some time in the hospital. Spent way too much fixing the furnace. Working more every day, with less to show for it.
On the plus side, I moved into a new job. I learned a lot about woodworking. Made or acquired some really neat tools.
Today I got most of the way through building a Moxon style vise. A tool that I wish I had from day one. I'll post it here when it's done. I also brought back to life a friend for my battered old chisel...and thus took another crappy chisel out of commission. The grinder build is nearly done...and has been, but I can't remember where I left the bag of hardware!
In all, it's not been a bad year. A safe and happy New Year to you and yours. For me? It's a quiet evening alone (the best kind), Chateaubriand, a glass of fine Belgian beer, and some relaxing tunes. Well...maybe not relaxing. Probably something dark and heavy. It was a heavy year, after all.
So, with that, I bid adieu to 2011! And welcome in 2012 (this is as festive as I get).

No comments:

Post a Comment