For the manner in which men live is so different from the way in which they ought to live, that he who leaves the common course for that which he ought to follow will find that it leads him to ruin rather than safety.
-Machiavelli

Please visit my new blog: http://baldwinmaker.blogspot.com

Thursday, December 15, 2011

The gun box is almost done...

Nearing the end of this project.

Sizing up the back. I traced the inside of the box onto the back panel.



The pencil lines represent the inside of the box. I made a big boo-boo here...I'll explain that later though.

Plugs installed into the tail boards. This made the stopped dado's easier to accomplish.
The back is fit into the case. It was sized by cutting outside the pencil lines, and then planing the edges until it fit. This took a trial fit or two (or three...).

A view from the front.

Another view from the front.
The Navy revolver in its new home. I'm not sure if I like that way of mounting it. I'm pretty sure I'm going to change it so that it is held through the back panel.
Only a little bit of work left to do. But I'm going to put this on hold for just a few days. I'm working on a present for my cousin, and it needs to get in the mail so she can have it in time for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment