For the manner in which men live is so different from the way in which they ought to live, that he who leaves the common course for that which he ought to follow will find that it leads him to ruin rather than safety.
-Machiavelli

Please visit my new blog: http://baldwinmaker.blogspot.com

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Disston key hole saw

I really shouldn't be out tool shopping right now. Well, kinda. I wanted a saw to restore for my cousin as a gift...and that one is kicking my arse at the moment. This little gem, however, jumped out of a basket at the store screaming, "take me home, I'm gorgeous." Why doesn't that happen when I'm out having a drink?
This is a Disston key hole saw. By my checking around, best I can figure is that it is pre-1875. It's seen better days, but is still a fine piece of work. The handle is super comfy, and is more befitting a dovetail saw. I'm likely to sell this, but not before I pattern the handle and take more pictures of it so that maybe one day I can reproduce it.








No comments:

Post a Comment