For the manner in which men live is so different from the way in which they ought to live, that he who leaves the common course for that which he ought to follow will find that it leads him to ruin rather than safety.
-Machiavelli

Please visit my new blog: http://baldwinmaker.blogspot.com

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Work Rest For My Grinder

I got most of the work done on a special work rest before being called away on my day job...I'll be able to finish it later this week.
The idea is to be able to grind a slight taper onto each side of a blade...as opposed to just a flat blade with a primary bevel. It'll all make sense once it's done. I hope. Or I've wasted a lot of time, and aluminum.

The center of the rest has a 2 degree ramp milled into it. The far side is .070" above the main surfaces.


This should illustrate the ramp a little better.



Temporarily clamped to the tooling arm to check fit.
I should be able to get this finished up this coming weekend. I still need to drill and tap holes on the tooling arm. Then we shall see if it was a good idea, or total rubbish.

No comments:

Post a Comment