For the manner in which men live is so different from the way in which they ought to live, that he who leaves the common course for that which he ought to follow will find that it leads him to ruin rather than safety.
-Machiavelli

Please visit my new blog: http://baldwinmaker.blogspot.com

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Swingarm pivot, pt 3

Finished it. Here's the final steps.

Gotta make one of these.


Starting out by cutting the steps, and the initial drilling of the bore. From here I can cut this end off and machine the opposite face.

After a minute on the band saw, we're back in the lathe.

Facing the washer.



Using the boring bar to cut the final size of the hole. It needs to be about .805" to be a slip fit over the shaft.


And done!

I figured this would be a good time to polish the shaft. Just watch out for the finger breaker swinging around on the end. With my finger in tact, I moved on...

...to the final piece. The large hole on this piece needs to be opened to .805".  The boring bar and I had a disagreement, and I didn't take pictures of the process. At least I didn't cause any damage...just a slow down.

Here's the complete assembly. Ready to go racing.



No comments:

Post a Comment