For the manner in which men live is so different from the way in which they ought to live, that he who leaves the common course for that which he ought to follow will find that it leads him to ruin rather than safety.
-Machiavelli

Please visit my new blog: http://baldwinmaker.blogspot.com

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Southbend Table (cont)

The paint on my Southbend table is done. The royal blue turned out rather nice. I'm going to leave it disassembled for a while to give the paint a chance to cure fully. The lathe itself will get the same color.

The idea is to let the paint sit for a good solid week or two before assembly. Though it is dry, it may not be fully cured. Like I've mentioned before, once the table is done, I will be able to build the machine right on top as I finish the parts.

Here's that repaired lug again.  Once this thing is up and running, with leveling feet, I doubt it will be noticeable.

No comments:

Post a Comment