For the manner in which men live is so different from the way in which they ought to live, that he who leaves the common course for that which he ought to follow will find that it leads him to ruin rather than safety.
-Machiavelli

Please visit my new blog: http://baldwinmaker.blogspot.com

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Crash and Burn pt 2

Here's a few pics of my crash, it got pretty gnarly. Accompanied by one handed typing!
About a half hour before the accident. I built this bike, and I'm pretty proud.


Crunch!


The tank got pushed forward...but how?

Well, this is where I broke my pelvis. Also, this is how the tank got pushed forward. Let's just say that it hurt.




The grips on those bars should each be angled back about 7 degrees.
Anyway, healing slowly. Glad to be out of the hospital.



3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on getting out of the hospital. I wish you a speedy recovery.

    Too bad about the bike, it turned out beautifully. Will you be able to fix it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Brian. I can fix the bike, that's not the hard part. The hard part is getting the insurance company to NOT total it! I would love to get that thing fixed up and back on the road.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're okay now! �� ~G

    ReplyDelete