For the manner in which men live is so different from the way in which they ought to live, that he who leaves the common course for that which he ought to follow will find that it leads him to ruin rather than safety.
-Machiavelli

Please visit my new blog: http://baldwinmaker.blogspot.com

Thursday, June 9, 2016

EERF Grinder (cont.)

Continuing work on my EERF grinder:

This part was the largest, so I left it for last. It required a lot of hack saw work before being milled. The original design has this as two separate pieces of 1/2" steel sandwiched together at assembly. I elected to make it from a single 1" thick piece of aluminum.


This surface is just draw filed.

A part this size can't just be put in the vise. I elected to put in on 1-2-3 blocks and clamp it to the table.

Clear away the chips...

Into a different clamping set up to locate and drill the holes.

Finished!

All of the frame parts...so far. I have a few more at a local water jet shop being cut. Four parts were too large for me to machine at home...we'll see how soon they get done.

No comments:

Post a Comment