For the manner in which men live is so different from the way in which they ought to live, that he who leaves the common course for that which he ought to follow will find that it leads him to ruin rather than safety.
-Machiavelli

Please visit my new blog: http://baldwinmaker.blogspot.com

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Stanley Sweetheart No. 3 Plane

I found a nice user grade Stanley SW No. 3 the other day. Now I just have to decide if I want to flatten the sole and tune it. I have another No. 3 plane, but it isn't nearly as nice...and not a Sweetheart.


I have a soft spot for Stanley SW tools. The only other SW plane I have though, is a scrub plane.


No chips or cracks at the mouth, a good sign. Not flat, though. Decisions have to be made about that. Do I flatten it for use? Or do I stick it on the shelf?






All in all, this plane is in great shape as a user. The finish on the wood is worn and a little chipped. The japanning is probably 90%. There is plenty of blade, but if I put this plane to use I will either buy or make a new blade so that I don't use up the original.

No comments:

Post a Comment