For the manner in which men live is so different from the way in which they ought to live, that he who leaves the common course for that which he ought to follow will find that it leads him to ruin rather than safety.
-Machiavelli

Please visit my new blog: http://baldwinmaker.blogspot.com

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

More reading

If I'm going to be bored, I might as well read useful stuff. This is the study of PM-V11 steel from Lee Valley. The new steel has been around a little while now, but this is the first time I sat down and read how Lee Valley did their testing. I thought it was interesting and worth sharing with others who had not read it.
I haven't tried any of the PM-V11 chisels or irons yet. None of my planes need new irons at the moment, and I can't just replace good irons. As a plane or two needs fresh steel, I will likely go the PM route.
Apologies to Lee Valley, but I doubt I'll try the PM chisels. I'm stuck on my L-N chisels. So, unless a set shows up at my house (ahem...LV...you know my address), I won't be checking them out any time soon.
Anywho, just sharing what I thought was an interesting read. Have a good evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment