For the manner in which men live is so different from the way in which they ought to live, that he who leaves the common course for that which he ought to follow will find that it leads him to ruin rather than safety.
-Machiavelli

Please visit my new blog: http://baldwinmaker.blogspot.com

Friday, August 30, 2013

He's baaaaaack

So, for the last couple of years I've dealt with spotty internet service because for some silly reason I didn't change carriers. That has finally been taken care of. Gone is the overpriced, slow, unreliable service of my old carrier (Sprint, by the way...ugh...worst service in Mil Lucky). I had no service for a few weeks while I waited for my new service to be installed (ATT, not too shabby so far).


Now that life is starting to get back to normal, I may actually have something worthwhile to post on here again. It's been nearly 5 months since my brush with fate. Wheelchair? Gone. Walker? Gone. Crutches? Gone. My cane is a thing of the past now too. Rehab is coming to an end. I'm riding a bicycle again, and starting to get back on motorcycles.
Getting back on a bike has been sort of stressful. First of all, I'm used to my Sportster and my choppers. Months before my wreck I traded my Sportster for an Aprilia RSVR 1000. I never had a chance to ride it before that minivan got in my way.

Sportser: 538 pounds, 60 horsepower.
RSVR 1000: 407 pounds, 135 horsepower.
You do the math. I've only ridden around in my neighborhood so far. The feeling like I have a target on my back is starting to fade away. There's a serious psychological element to all of this.

Woodworking hasn't been a priority for sometime. You need two good hands for that. My left wrist is doing well, and I should be able to get back to that soon. Another thing you need two good hands for is building engines. Not long before I broke everything in my body, I sent the bottom half of the engine for my Triumph out to be balanced. I have that back now, and I should probably get my ass in gear and get it built up. I haven't ridden my chopper in nearly two years! I love that machine, and I miss the hell out of riding.
Oh...and let's not forget that I'm supposed to be rebuilding my Southbend lathe!
Blah blah blah....are you still reading? Um...well...I spose I'm just rambling now. Later!


No comments:

Post a Comment