For the manner in which men live is so different from the way in which they ought to live, that he who leaves the common course for that which he ought to follow will find that it leads him to ruin rather than safety.
-Machiavelli

Please visit my new blog: http://baldwinmaker.blogspot.com

Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Not Much Makin'

Today's focus wasn't so much on making new stuff as it was on getting rid of old stuff. Seriously, how much crap can a single guy in his thirties accumulate? (that's right, ladies, I'm single)

Anywho. Today was a purge day. I had a mini purge last week or so, and kept it going. Shit's gotta get gone! Besides cleaning, I got some shellac and wax onto my bottle opener and got it wrapped up for the new owner.

This evening was a little productive...

I need a functioning lathe. Drilling concentrically down a small rod isn't as easy as it looks.


Shopping spree!!!!! Got a bunch of new knives, a new shelf for the kitchen, and a bending fixture! Some assembly required (and drilling, tapping, cutting welding, etc). Not really a shopping spree either, as it was a hundred bucks and I only went to one place.

Bending fixture is taking shape. I hope to have this functional tomorrow. This is all hand layout, no precision machining. That's 3/8" x 2" flat plate, and 1" x 1/4" angle. This thing should be stout! It will all make sense once it is up and operational.

No comments:

Post a Comment