For the manner in which men live is so different from the way in which they ought to live, that he who leaves the common course for that which he ought to follow will find that it leads him to ruin rather than safety.
-Machiavelli

Please visit my new blog: http://baldwinmaker.blogspot.com

Saturday, January 21, 2017

Didn't Want to Post Last Night

I wanted to sleep on it. My grinding jig for the Small Outdoor knife worked well, just as the Large one. I was just uncertain about the angle. So, I figured a good night's sleep would help in deciding if I wanted to keep it, or recut it.


One thing to make using the jigs easier is to scribe a centerline down the edge of the blade. It's sort of hard to see here.




At the original 8 degree grind. It looks nice, but I'd like to have a larger grind.

I recut the jig to 7 degrees and ground the blade again. I think this is where I want it.
Also, I think it's time to resurrect this project. It's been on the shelf for over a year. Now that I have a lathe, I can get the remaining pieces done.

No comments:

Post a Comment